IN NEW YORK
THURSDAY, MAY 18
PARAMOUNT THEATER AT LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY, BROOKLYN, NY
New York, NY (5/9/17) – Charles Conwell, a 2016 United States Olympian, will fight as a professional for the second time on May 18 as part of the special One-Night-Only return of DiBella Entertainment’s Broadway Boxing to New York from the Paramount Theater on the campus of LIU-Brooklyn.
It is a quick turnaround for Conwell, 19, who knocked out Jeremiah Page (3-4, 2 KOs) in 41 seconds in his professional debut on April 21, at Buffalo Run Resort and Casino in Miami, Oklahoma. Conwell is co-promoted by Tony Holden’s Holden Productions and managed by David McWater’s Split-T Management.
“I am so excited to fight in New York City,” said Conwell. “I will always represent Cleveland and I love the fans in Oklahoma, but New York is a city where stars are born. New York will become a second home for me on way to a world championship.”
“Charles Cowell will be one of the most active prospects in boxing. Tony Holden and I have plans to fight Charles all over this country, but I can’t wait to watch him make a splash in New York on Broadway Boxing,” said Lou DiBella, President of DiBella Entertainment. “This is a United States Olympian and I hope the local fans and boxing media respond accordingly.”
Broadway Boxing returns to New York for the first time since June 2016, on a One-Night-Only basis due to the insurance requirements imposed on boxing promoters by the New York legislature in August of last year.