Danish Super Middleweight Oliver Zaren (5-0, 2 KOs) will face Iago Kizira (5-2, 3 KOs) on December 3 as part of a huge night of boxing promoted by Wasserman Boxing and Probellum in Ilsenburg, Germany.
The 21-year-old from Roskilde has got off to the perfect start to his professional career, recording five victories in as many contests, his latest a unanimous points win over Pavol Garaj on September 10 in Klagenfurt, Austria.
“I’m very excited to be fighting again” said Zaren. “With my team I’ve been working on becoming faster, sharper, more powerful – and I think every fight I’ll be better than the last time.To fight on such a card in Germany is prestigious for me, there are some big fights on there, now I’m going to focus on my fight and delivering the win the best way possible!”
Trained and managed by Danish boxing legend Mikkel Kessler, Zaren can draw on the expertise of the former five-time World Champion as he continues to progress through the paid ranks.
“Oliver learned a lot in his last fight, and since his last fight,” said ‘The Viking Warrior’ Kessler. “To be a champion you have to show heart, courage and the ability to learn. I am behind Oliver for his journey and I believe he will get better with every fight – starting with this one on December 3.”
Zaren is also backed by promoter Kalle Sauerland, who believes the young Dane can emulate his mentor’s success and become a future World Champion.
“Oliver Zaren is a fighter we have extremely high hopes for – he has the right attitude and a great team around him,” said Sauerland. “If he continues to work hard and dedicates himself to the sport, I believe he can follow in Mikkel’s footsteps and become Denmark’s next World Champion.”
Zaren is the latest addition to a stacked card in Ilsenburg, Germany on December 3 that also features an IBF European Middleweight Title fight between Denis Radovan and Brian Rose, Super Welterweight star Abass Baraou versus Albania’s Meriton Karaxha, and a domestic dustup between German Middleweight rivals Patrick Wojcicki and Alexander Pavlov.
This is the first in a series of high-profile events that will take place in Germany following a ground breaking new partnership between powerhouse promoter Wasserman Boxing, formerly Team Sauerland, and major global boxing and media company Probellum that is set to galvanise German boxing.
Los Angeles, CA – November 4, 2021 – Two of Probellum’s most promising stars will return to action next month when Brandon Moore and Arthur Biyarslanov both compete in Montreal.
The event will be held at the Bell Centre on Friday 17 December, and sees undefeated stars Moore (10-0, 6 KOs) and Biyarslanov (8-0, 6 KOs) get the opportunity to close the year in style, with opponents for the two fighters announced shortly.
Moore was last in action in October, where he retained his WBC USNBC Silver heavyweight title in convincing fashion, stopping Jesus Angel Nerio in the very first round of their contest in Mexico.
Moore has been extremely active since making his debut in February 2020, winning all 10 of his fights, with the 27-year-old Florida native widely-regarded as one of the potential future stars of the heavyweight division.
Biyarslanov is just as highly-touted, and the Canada-based Russian will fight in Canada for the first time since April 2019, after a run of five straight fights in the USA.
His latest outing was in April, where he put in an impressive performance to defeat previously unbeaten Israel Mercado in Florida, leading to the 26-year-old receiving high praise from around the world.
“We are pleased to have two of our very talented fighters in Brandon Moore and Arthur Biyarslanov in action on this massive card next month,” said Richard Schaefer, President of Probellum.
“We thank our co-promotional partner Yvon Michel of GYM Promotions for allowing them to showcase their skills on a big stage, and we are certain that they will both put in stellar performances and do Probellum proud.”
Liverpool, England (November 4, 2021) – The opening matches of this Saturday night’s BOXXER Series Liverpool: Super-Lightweight Tournament are now set, following a blind draw held today at the iconic Royal Liver Building in the heart of Liverpool’s historic waterfront.A massive £100,000 prize money – the largest ever payout in UK boxing tournament history – is on the line for the winner with eight fired up and fiercely determined boxers representing Merseyside, Lancashire, Yorkshire and The Midlands set to battle it out.
All eight tournament participants were present for the draw, which aired live across the UK on Sky Sports News. Names were drawn by Olympian and former Team GB member Natasha Jonas, who had been announced as the latest signing to BOXXER’s world-class stable shortly before the draw began.
The quarter-final matches for the BOXXER Series Liverpool: Super-Lightweight Tournament are as follows:
Sean Dodd (Birkenhead) (17-5-1, 3 KO’s) vs. Cori Gibbs (Birkenhead) (13-0, 3 KO’s)
Kane Gardner (Manchester) (11-1, 6 KO’s) vs. Nathan Bennett (Liverpool) (9-2, 2 KO’s)
Tom Farrell (18-4, 5 KO’s) (Liverpool) vs. Ben Fields (Digbeth) (10-10, 2 KO’s)
Lee Appleyard (Rotherham) (17-6-1, 5 KO’s) vs. Levi Kinsiona (Sheffield) (8-1, 1 KO)
The BOXXER Series Liverpool: Super-Lightweight Tournament takes place this Saturday November 6 at Space M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool and airs live and exclusively on Sky Sports from 8pm.
Fast, action-packed and unpredictable, BOXXER Series tournaments utilize the short-form boxing forma of 3 x 3-minute rounds.
Expect explosive encounters as boxers look for decisive wins to guarantee their passage to the next stage, with the action and drama inside the ring complemented by a unique BOXXER Series live event experience.
This week’s action-packed card will be broadcast live in the US on ESPN+ in association with Top Rank and worldwide on IFL TV, and is headlined by a WBO Global super-featherweight title fight between Archie Sharp (20-0, 9 KOs) and Alexis Boureima Kabore (28-4, 7 KOs).
Last time out, Gilley (11-1, 5 KOs) came up narrowly short in his WBC International Silver welterweight title fight with Danny Ball, but now steps up a weight class and takes on Lartey (14-5-1, 12 KOs) on Friday.
The 27-year-old hopes a win there can set up a shot at the English title, as he targets the winner of next month’s fight between Drew Brown and Evaldas Korsakas.
Gilley said: “I’m so excited to be back out on a great MTK show this week. It’s the perfect opportunity for me to get back to winning ways and set up a big 2022. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a crowd so I’m going to thrive and reward them all with a big, big performance.
“The weight ruined the fight against Ball for me. I’d never struggled before but that was the first time, and I think you can tell in my performance from the second round I was running on an empty tank. I still think I just edged the fight but I only just lost on the cards by a couple of rounds, so to do that considering how I felt was ok.
“This is a much, much better division for me. I think over lockdown I naturally filled out a little bit more, so I’m very very excited. I’m learning all the time and the difference the extra weight has had on my training, recovery and especially my mood day to day means it doesn’t even feel like I’m in a camp.
“I’ve got Daniel Lartey on Friday, and I know he has heavy hands but it’s not worrying me in the slightest. Me and my trainer have worked on tightening things up since the Ball fight so I do not expect him to be landing clean on me at all.
“I’ve not really watched him, but my trainer Rod has, so I will just stick to the plan Rod has set out, break him down and get him out of there.
“Training has been good. It’s been quite a short camp but I was in the gym ticking over when I got the call so it’s been nice actually not having the long 10-12 week slog, so I’ve really enjoyed it.
“After this, the English title is the only thing on my mind. I know it’s being contested for in November, so if someone gets injured I’ll step in, or I’ll wait for the new year and beat the winner.”
Elsewhere on Friday’s card, Tursynbay Kulakhmet defends his WBC International super-welterweight title against Juan Carlos Abreu, Pierce O’Leary takes on Siar Ozgul, Jordan Reynolds returns against Rodolfo Paterno, Shiloh Defreitas makes his professional debut against Fonz Alexander, Sean McGoldrick meets Stephen Jackson, Lerone Harrison fights Simas Volosinas, Will Hamilton squares off with Ivo Zednicek, and Joe Giles enters the paid ranks for the first time.
The event will be a co-promotion between MTK Global and Mo Prior’s Priority Promotions, and will be broadcast around the world live on IFL TV.
The card features a clash between Jacob Robinson (8-0, 2 KOs) and Angelo Dragone (5-2), which pending approval from the British Boxing Board of Control, is set to be for the Welsh Area featherweight title.
Former British and Commonwealth champion Akeem Ennis Brown (14-1, 1 KO) returns, while two-time Commonwealth Games medallist Sean McGoldrick (10-1, 3 KOs) has another date pencilled in, following his return to the ring at York Hall this Friday.
Heavyweight Miles Gordon (2-0) makes his long-awaited comeback after nearly five years out, plus Ethan George will fight in Wales for the first time as a professional.
Rashid Omar, Kyran Jones (1-0) Mano Lee (4-2, 1 KO) and Ben Crocker will all be on the bill too, in what looks set to be another action-packed evening in Cardiff.
MTK Global Promoter Lee Eaton said: “We’re pleased to be working with Mo Prior to bring this event to Wales next month. Cardiff is a brilliant fight city and we’ve had some great shows there in the past, so we’re excited to return for the first time since the pandemic.
“Jacob Robinson vs. Angelo Dragone is set to be a cracker, plus with big names like Akeem Ennis Brown and Sean McGoldrick on the card, along with some of the best prospects that Wales has to offer, it should be a tremendous night of boxing from start to finish.”
More news on the event in Cardiff will be announced in the coming days and weeks.
QUINCY, Mass. (October 27, 2022) – In short two years, after signing a contract with Granite Chin Promotions, veteran New Jersey boxer Tyrone “Hands of Stone” Luckey has gone from journeyman to legitimate opponent with a promising upside.
“Guys like Tyrone have a special spot for me,” Granite Chin Promotions president Chris Traietti commented. “I’ve helped to build up his record, developed trust between us, and we’ll see where we go from here. He’s a big Dallas Cowboy fan and he really wanted to fight in AT & T Arena. He dreamed of fighting there and I got him on the Spence-Garcia card, and he got the biggest purse of his life
“He is a fighter’s fighter. Any promoter would be very happy to have 25 like him in their stable. His goal now is to make as much as he can over the next few years and get out with his health. He continues to trust me. He wants to be part of the team and I just signed him to a new 3-year deal. Tyrone has had a bit of a rebirth in his career.”
The former New Jersey Golden Gloves Champion had a 9-12-4 pro record, when he joined the Granite Chin stable, and since then Luckey has won six of nine fights, capturing the ABF USA Mid-American super lightweight title along the way.
“I had no choice but to get better,” Lucky spoke about his resurgence the past two years. “It first changed when I started going to Gladiator’s Gym for help with trainer Shawn Darling. My career in boxing changed since the pandemic started.
The 36-year-old Luckey (15-15-4, 11 KOs), fighting out of Galloway (NJ), is a throwback fighter back to the days boxers only asked when and where they were fighting, no pickin’ and choosin’ soft touches. Evidence of his admirable attitude is the fact he’s fought in six different weight classes, from super featherweight to super welterweight, during his 11-year-pro career.
“I’m not afraid of anyone,” Luckey said. “I fight guys others avoid, even some that world champions wouldn’t fight. I’m able to fight in different weight classes because I know my body and how to properly get done in weight. Right now, I feel comfortable at 140 pounds, and I feel like I have a ton of power at 130 or 135 pounds. I’m naturally small, but psychologically, I’m always the bigger fighter no matter what position I find myself in.”
Luckey’s stock jumped in his last two fights, both against previously unbeaten Eduardo Aguilar, who was knocked out, respectively, in the first round and he couldn’t continue past the sixth round in their most recent fight, in which Luckey dropped Aguilar seven times.
A married man who is and endoscopy technician, Luckey has been saving his boxing purses to eventually buy a house.
“I plan to box until I’m 39, maximum of 40,” Luckey remarked. “I’ll call it quits and maybe become a trainer or pro bowler. I’m trying to get into a sanctioned league (he averages 215 and rolled a perfect 300 game in 2017).”
Luckey and Traietti, also a pro boxer, have a mutually beneficial relationship today. “Our relationship has always been great,” Tyrone confirmed. “I had a fight fallout and the matchmaker set me up with Chris, who was working a fight in Minnesota. He said that after the fight we could talk. He’s a good dude, great promoter. I’m glad our paths crossed because he’s put me in a new situation. I put my faith in him. It’s always love when we talk.”
“We hit it off right away,” Traietti concluded. “He’s easy to work with and will fight anybody. To his credit, he signed with me when it wasn’t really popular, not until 8 to 10 months later. Granite Chin has blown up and my some of my fighters have been performing on some of the biggest cards in boxing.”
Do you feel lucky? Tyrone Luckey certainly does and he’s finally cashing in on all his hard work and perseverance, fighting under the Granite Chin banner.
LAS VEGAS (October 25, 2021) – World Boxing Association (WBA) Super Light Heavyweight Champion Dmitry Bivol (18-0, 11 KOs) is ghosting undefeated Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez (42-0, 28 KOs), the former World Boxing Organization (WBO) Super Middleweight World title holder.
Maybe Bivol has been too busy to talk because he’s preparing to trick-or-treat this Halloween weekend as a ghost?
Nobody’s quite sure, because after repeatedly expressing his desire to take on “Zurdo” in a mega-fight, the Kyrgyzstan native has gone dark for the past few months.
“I know my team and Golden Boy have been working hard to make this happen,” Ramirez said. “Now that the contract is out, I don’t know why he’s stalling and backtracking from the fight. He called me out publicly on social media after my last fight but he’s now silent. A lot of fighters talk the talk but rarely walk the walk. I hope he’s not one of them.”
When the pandemic first started, Bivol and Ramirez openly spoke about fighting each other. “Gilberto Ramirez is one of the top players in the light heavyweight division,” Bivol said at that time. “We have talked about this fight for a long time. The time has come to bring this to a reality. We have trained together and some sparring as well. He is a professional and a gentleman. A very good fighter.
“He is an ex-world champion, he has proven to become one of the best, fights like this excite the fans. This is what boxing is all about, fighters where either boxer has a 50-percent chance of being victorious. We are both at the level that we can make a dynamic fight.”
Before Ramirez’ last fight, an impressive knockout victory over Sullivan Barrera (22-3, 14 KOs), Bivol wished “Zurdo” good luck on social media in hopes that they could fight later this year.
Not only isn’t that a reality at this stage, Bivol has completely disappeared, like a ghost. His puppet master, Matchroom Boxing’s powerful Eddie Hearn, who controls boxing on DAZN, has since done all the talking for Bivol as if he’s a ventriloquist. The latest news about Bivol, at least through Hearn, is that he will likely defend his title against super middleweight John Ryder (29-5, 16 KOs) in December, and then the carrot was extended by Hearn for a dream fight in May against boxing’s rainmaker, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.
No mention of Ramirez by Hearn other than to say, “Gilberto Ramirez is a good fight (for Bivol) as well.” It’s worth mentioning Hearn uttered Ramirez’ name only after Ryder, ‘Canelo,” and even Joshua Buatso and Callum Smith, as potential opponents for Bivol.
The 30-year-old Ramirez is currently rated No. 2 by the World Boxing Organization (WBO) and No. 4 by the International Boxing Federation (IBF), as well as No. 9 in The Ring magazine’s independent rankings.
Bivol has fought only once the past two years, winning an uninspiring 12-round decision against Craig Richards this past May.
Real fighters fight. They don’t let a Svengali figure such as Hearn pull their strings. Isn’t it time to man-up and fight the best available candidate?
Trick-or-treat, Dmitry! It’s time for the ghost to turn back into a fighter.
What are you waiting for?
Long Island, New York (October 27, 2021) Star Boxing’s Rockin’ Fights 40, in association with DiBella Entertainment, will feature an undefeated and reigning World Champion in the featured fight on November 11,2021. Making his United States debut, undefeated IBO Super Featherweight World Champion MICHAEL “LONE WOLF” MAGNESI (Lazio, Italy, 19-0, 11 KO’s) will face off against EUGENE “RAMBO” LAGOS (Bukidnon, Philippines, 16-5-3, 11 KO’s) in a 10-round non-title match.
Magnesi crosses the Atlantic for the first time, having recently forged an exclusive co-promotional agreement with New York Boxing Hall of Fame Promoters, JOE DEGUARDIA, of Star Boxing, and LOU DIBELLA, of DiBella Entertainment. With the powerful New York Italian duo of DeGuardia and DiBella, the Italian Champion is poised to become a New York sensation.
DeGuardia, CEO of Star Boxing, had this to say about the signing, “We are thrilled to have signed Italian sensation Michael Magnesi and to feature him on our ‘Rockin’ Fights’ series. Michael is skilled, exciting and marketable and I look forward working with his manager Davide Buccioni and my longtime friend Lou DiBella in making him a NY favorite. We expect big things over the next few years for Michael. Come watch him up close at the Paramount on November 11. There is no better venue to see the action.”
“I am happy to be working with my paesano, Joe DeGuardia, and manager Davide Buccioni, in promoting Michael Magnesi, the reigning IBO Super Featherweight Champion, going forward,” said Lou DiBella, President of DiBella Entertainment. “If Magnesi performs as we expect him to on November 11, against Eugene Lagos, he will be defending his IBO title in his next fight. Pound-for-pound, we think that Magnesi is the best fighter out of Italy today and now we’re getting a chance to show him off to US boxing fans.”
Alongside his IBO World Champion status, Magnesi has formerly held the Italian National, IBF Mediterranean, WBC International Silver and IBO Intercontinental Super Featherweight Championships.
The undercard for “Rockin’ Fights 40” will be announced later this week. Be sure to get your tickets NOW as they have been moving rapidly since Star Boxing announced the November 11th date for “Rockin’ Fights 40”. Doors will open at 7PM